east municipal parking lot
250 east drive
Excelsior, MN 55331
free to the public,
2019 Excelsior Thanksgiving Extravaganza!
Excelsior Christkindlsmarkt Our 14th annual German Christmas Festival on Thanksgiving weekend.!
A three-day event modeled after the traditional German, open-air Christmas markets held for over 700 years. The event features German holiday foods and entertainment for the entire family. It is free and open to the public.
LOCATION: East Drive adjacent to the Excelsior Brewing in Downtown Excelsior.
DATES: Thanksgiving weekend: Friday Nov.29th, Saturday, Nov.30th opens 10am.
and Sunday Dec.1st.Opens at 11 am
The festive market will be decorated for Christmas. Christmas figures, live evergreen; garland, wreaths and Christmas trees, plus decorative lighting. The entrance will be bracketed with life-size nutcracker soldiers. Christkindlsmarkt will officially open at 10 AM on Friday, November 29 when the Grand Marshall, Father Christmas, and the Christkind Angel lead the parade down Water Street to the festival entrance and the Christkind proclaims the festival is open. Live Reindeer join the festival. Saturday and Sunday. Saturday evening at 5pm is the St. Martin's Children’s Lantern Parade on Water Street, a sight to behold with over 1000 children with glowing lights led by Father Christmas, Reindeer, and the Christkind.
This immensely popular market will feature
• Modern, vintage and traditional German artisan gifts.
• Local choirs and carolers’.
• An array of delicious holiday and German foods.
• Father Christmas aboard the NorthPole Trolley (running throughout the event).
• Horse-drawn buggy rides on the main street of Excelsior.
• KinderWorld (children’s heated center for puppet shows, music, storytelling, balloon artist, The Tiny Diva Princesses, facepainting.
• The Frozen Princesses are at Kinderworld and on the NorthPole Trolley.
The Excelsior Christkindlsmarkt offers an enchanting holiday experience to be enjoyed by young and old.
The Boy Scouts will be selling Wreaths and Garland.
For more information about the Christkindlsmarkt please go to www.excelsiorChristmas.com
Contact: Event Co-or; Myrle Mackenzie 952-292-8898
Excelsior Christkindlsmarkt Inc.
810 Excelsior Blvd.
The immensely popular market will feature:
• Modern, vintage and traditional German artisan gifts
• Local choirs, carolers, and musicians
• An array of delicious holiday and German foods
• Father Christmas aboard the NorthPole Trolley (running throughout the event)
• KinderWorld (children’s heated center for music, storytelling, balloon artist, and face-painting
• The Frozen Princesses in KinderWorld and on the NorthPole Trolley